Startseite
Sie sind hier: Startseite » Archiv » American/English » About us

About us

Hammerschmiede zu Oberburg um 1945

In 1886, Gottfried Fluekiger bought the smithery, which was founded in 1762. This industrial smithery, now managed in its fourth generation, employs approximately 45 people and manufactures as an ancillary industry die-forged parts for machine tools, textile-and building machines; domestic-, agricultural- and army vehicles as well as cableway manufacturing and many other special areas.

In the built-on hardening shop, the required annealing and quenching operations are carried out on the forging slugs.

Depending on wish, the components can be preprocessed or machined - ready to be installed -- in our mechanical department.

Under the management of Franz Fluekiger- Sigrist and Fritz Blaser- Fritz the smithery was built up after 1945 from a small tool shop to an industrial company.

Today, Fluekiger & Co AG is managed by Urs Fluekiger, Bernhard Blaser-Schwab and Eliane Fluekiger- Meier.

Gottfried Fluekiger- Stalder (1853 - 1930) Franz Fluekiger- Glanzmann (1883 - 1893) Franz Fluekiger- Siegrist (1917 - 2007) Urs Fluekiger- Meier (1954)
Smithery, 1780 to 1940